Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the relationship between behaviour, emotion, and cognition on the one hand, and brain function on the other.
- ‘In short, punchy sections, the authors delve into such heady topics as neuropsychology, cognitive psychology, and other techniques for studying the brain.’
- ‘She is able to use data acquired from multiple disciplines including functional neuroimaging, cognitive psychology and neuropsychology to address fundamental questions of language and language processing.’
- ‘In addition to clinical health psychology, examples of specialties include clinical neuropsychology, forensic psychology and behavioral psychology.’
- ‘Rea's research examines the psychobiology and neuropsychology of post-traumatic stress disorder and the effects of stressful early-life experiences on brain development and function.’
- ‘APF will also be increasing the size of its endowment for scholarships and existing grants in areas such as serious mental illness, neuropsychology, child psychology and the elimination of prejudice such as homophobia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.