One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Serving to protect nerve cells against damage, degeneration, or impairment of function.‘the apparent neuroprotective effects of caffeine in Parkinson's disease’
- ‘While population-based studies and animal research have suggested that antioxidants may be neuroprotective, clinical trials to test that notion are currently in progress.’
- ‘Neither clinical trials nor the few available studies are predictive of long-term neuroprotective results with healthy adults.’
- ‘Several clinical studies have confirmed the neuroprotective effects of this compound.’
- ‘Studies in animals suggest that cranberries are particularly neuroprotective, good at protecting against chronic age-related afflictions like loss of coordination and memory.’
- ‘Fatty fish are full of neuroprotective omega-3 fatty acids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.