Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The physiology of the nervous system.
- ‘Cushing believed that a properly trained neurosurgeon must also be a clinical and experimental neuroscientist, and have a good command of clinical neurology, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.’
- ‘When the findings in these specialties are applied to medicine as part of an integrated scientific field, the concept of behavioral science expands to include neuroanatomy and neurophysiology.’
- ‘The 10 other respondents were from a wide range of disciplines, including academia, radiology, endocrinology, and clinical neurophysiology.’
- ‘He undertook postdoctoral training in neuroendocrinology and neurophysiology at the Brain Research Institute, UCLA, and the Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland.’
- ‘During his 5 years in Bonn, Waller turned to his second major focus in neurophysiology, the autonomic nervous system.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.