Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of pharmacology that deals with the action of drugs on the nervous system.
- ‘Accomplishments of the Russian development program advanced most noticeably after World War II, thanks to their acquisition of German and Italian scientists and the emergence of a new field in pharmacology, neuropharmacology.’
- ‘Master's and doctoral programs are offered in neuroscience disciplines such as neurogenetics, neurochemistry, neuroimmunology, neuropharmacology, and experimental pathology.’
- ‘After reviewing this book I will definitely include it as one of my textbooks for neuropharmacology.’
- ‘The field of neurochemistry encompasses two related fields, neuropharmacology and neurotoxicology.’
- ‘His professional interests include movement and inherited neurological disorders, with special interest in experimental therapeutics, neuropharmacology, public policy, and clinical trials.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.