Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of pharmacology that deals with the action of drugs on the nervous system.
- ‘The field of neurochemistry encompasses two related fields, neuropharmacology and neurotoxicology.’
- ‘Accomplishments of the Russian development program advanced most noticeably after World War II, thanks to their acquisition of German and Italian scientists and the emergence of a new field in pharmacology, neuropharmacology.’
- ‘Master's and doctoral programs are offered in neuroscience disciplines such as neurogenetics, neurochemistry, neuroimmunology, neuropharmacology, and experimental pathology.’
- ‘After reviewing this book I will definitely include it as one of my textbooks for neuropharmacology.’
- ‘His professional interests include movement and inherited neurological disorders, with special interest in experimental therapeutics, neuropharmacology, public policy, and clinical trials.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.