One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of compounds which act as neurotransmitters and are short-chain polypeptides.
- ‘To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.’
- ‘Recently, several studies brought to light the biophysical properties of tachykinin neuropeptides.’
- ‘Enkephalins are flexible neuropeptides and their conformation is dependent on their environment.’
- ‘Most biologically active peptide hormones and neuropeptides are produced from larger inactive precursor proteins by endoproteolytic cleavage and further processing within the secretory pathway.’
- ‘TppII is 38% identical to human and rat proteins that degrade neuropeptides by attacking their amino termini and releasing three amino acid fragments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.