One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of compounds which act as neurotransmitters and are short-chain polypeptides.
- ‘To date, we know of approximately 300 substances that act as neurotransmitters, including endorphins, neuropeptides, adrenaline, noradrenaline and acetylcholine.’
- ‘Most biologically active peptide hormones and neuropeptides are produced from larger inactive precursor proteins by endoproteolytic cleavage and further processing within the secretory pathway.’
- ‘Recently, several studies brought to light the biophysical properties of tachykinin neuropeptides.’
- ‘TppII is 38% identical to human and rat proteins that degrade neuropeptides by attacking their amino termini and releasing three amino acid fragments.’
- ‘Enkephalins are flexible neuropeptides and their conformation is dependent on their environment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.