Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medicine concerned with diseases of the nervous system.
- ‘Cushing believed that a properly trained neurosurgeon must also be a clinical and experimental neuroscientist, and have a good command of clinical neurology, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.’
- ‘We explore the use of these methods as a consultation tool for the evaluation of a spectrum of case materials in the areas of transplantation pathology and neuropathology.’
- ‘He was one of the last great figures of the classic period of German neuropathology.’
- ‘She completed a residency at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center, where she trained in anatomic pathology and neuropathology.’
- ‘The inclusion of photographs of some of the pioneers in neuropathology adds to the historical perspective of general pathology and neuropathology in particular.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.