Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to nerves and muscles.
- ‘These were followed by the neuromuscular agents (muscle relaxants), carisoprodol, and chlorzoxazone.’
- ‘Consider a referral to a neuromuscular specialist for possible nerve biopsy.’
- ‘The family history was unremarkable for any neurologic or neuromuscular disorders.’
- ‘The respiratory, cardiac and neuromuscular systems were clinically normal as examined by a specialist.’
- ‘Acetylcholine acts as a transmitter between motor nerves and the fibres of skeletal muscle at all neuromuscular junctions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.