One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine or biology that deals with the anatomy, functions, and organic disorders of nerves and the nervous system.
- ‘In retirement he and Pauline worked diligently to further medical education in dermatology and neurology in Russia.’
- ‘The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.’
- ‘After training in neurology and ophthalmology he settled on a career in neurophysiology.’
- ‘Few men left such an enduring and lasting impression on medicine and neurology.’
- ‘Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.’
Late 17th century: from modern Latin neurologia, from neuro- + -logy.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.