Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of linguistics dealing with the relationship between language and the structure and functioning of the brain.
- ‘You only have to go to Amazon to see the enormous number of people who are working in psychology, neurology, neurolinguistics, AI etc etc and they're all concentrating on exactly these issues.’
- ‘This book might look like a popular science book describing all the wonderful research into neurolinguistics and what it has discovered about language acquisition.’
- ‘He is qualified in neurolinguistics and as a breathwork coach and is a leading light in the Chaos Magic organization the Illuminates of Thanateros.’
- ‘Psycholinguistics, as the study of language and the mind, is usually distinguished from neurolinguistics, the study of language and the brain.’
- ‘Years ago, I read a very interesting look at deaf people, their unique culture, and the neurolinguistics of the deaf.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.