Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of linguistics dealing with the relationship between language and the structure and functioning of the brain.
- ‘He is qualified in neurolinguistics and as a breathwork coach and is a leading light in the Chaos Magic organization the Illuminates of Thanateros.’
- ‘You only have to go to Amazon to see the enormous number of people who are working in psychology, neurology, neurolinguistics, AI etc etc and they're all concentrating on exactly these issues.’
- ‘This book might look like a popular science book describing all the wonderful research into neurolinguistics and what it has discovered about language acquisition.’
- ‘Years ago, I read a very interesting look at deaf people, their unique culture, and the neurolinguistics of the deaf.’
- ‘Psycholinguistics, as the study of language and the mind, is usually distinguished from neurolinguistics, the study of language and the brain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.