Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Caused or controlled by or arising in the nervous system.
- ‘The triptans are specific and selective serotonin agonists that block serotonin receptors and the resultant neurogenic inflammation.’
- ‘Three more common conditions associated with altered autonomic function include neurogenic essential hypertension, psychogenic ischemic heart disease, and congestive heart failure.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis includes both venous and neurogenic claudication.’
- ‘Therefore, we needed to distinguish among myogenic tumors, neurogenic tumors, GISTs, and other mesenchymal tumors derived from gastrointestinal tracts.’
- ‘In addition, a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism is responsible for mediating neurogenic vasodilatation and for regulating functions of the respiratory, genitourinary, and gastrointestinal tracts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.