The growth and development of nervous tissue.
- ‘While most researchers agree that new neurons are generated in the adult hippocampus and olfactory bulb, the existence of adult neurogenesis in other brain regions remains controversial.’
- ‘Subsequent studies found that exercise also triggers neurogenesis (new cell growth in the brain), which improves learning.’
- ‘One may be by the generation of proteins that facilitate synaptogenesis, neurogenesis, and stem cell differentiation into new tissues.’
- ‘Matus begins by noting that during brain development, neurogenesis proceeds in a number of distinct stages.’
- ‘Alterations in serotonin levels, enhanced glutamate release, or inhibition of neurogenesis may be important factors in the central nervous system effects of corticosteroids.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.