One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease in which neurofibromas form throughout the body.Also called von Recklinghausen's disease
- ‘Also at risk of glaucoma are children with neurofibromatosis and Sturge-Weber syndrome.’
- ‘The neurocutaneous syndromes, including neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and von Hippel-Landau disease, are associated with an increased risk of brain tumors.’
- ‘The skin must be examined for signs of neurocutaneous syndrome, particularly neurofibromatosis and tuberous sclerosis, which are highly associated with intracranial neoplasms.’
- ‘Examples of autosomal dominant single gene disorders include: Marfan syndrome, achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, and retinitis pigmentosa.’
- ‘In humans, epilepsy is often one of a set of symptoms found in people with diseases such as cerebral palsy, neurofibromatosis, autism, tuberous sclerosis, and Landau-Kleffner syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.