Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fibril in the cytoplasm of a nerve cell, visible by light microscopy.
- ‘Bundles of these neurofibrils are called neurofilaments.’
- ‘The neurofibrils provide internal support within the neuron and there are also support cells associated with the axon.’
- ‘As we age, most of us will develop alterations of neurofibrils in at least some of our neurons.’
- ‘The argyrophilic neurofibrils are unique to nerve cells.’
- ‘Silver stains show the Nissl granules occur in spaces surround by a tightly woven meshwork of neurofibrils.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.