One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Both neural and endocrine in structure or function.‘neuroendocrine cells’‘the neuroendocrine system’
- ‘For example, stress has been shown to affect major physiological systems - autonomic, neuroendocrine, and immune.’
- ‘The authors propose that aspirin may work by blocking the output of the hypothalamus, which in turn affects the neuroendocrine and autonomic responses important in the perception of fatigue.’
- ‘Stress mediated responses in the neuroendocrine and immune systems have been considered possible mechanisms for the effects of racism on health.’
- ‘Further studies may provide insight into the precise role of this receptor in neuroendocrine cells.’
- ‘It is unusual for a neuroendocrine tumour to secrete more than one hormone, so we considered whether the patient could have heterophilic antibodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.