One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to the neural processes and structures involved in cognition.‘certain sleep disorders have been shown to cause neurocognitive impairment’‘those who survive often have impaired physical or neurocognitive functioning’
- ‘In total, 704 long-term users and 484 non-users were tested for neurocognitive performance including reaction time, attention, motor skills and short-term memory.’
- ‘This study was designed to evaluate neurocognitive recovery in high school athletes following mild (grade 1) concussion.’
- ‘No conclusions can be drawn from this study regarding long-term beneficial effects, if any, of this drug on late neurocognitive outcome.’
- ‘The incidence of neurocognitive impairment after cardiac surgery varies from 20% to 80%.’
- ‘More information concerning neurocognitive performance is available on children older than 7 years.’
- ‘All children underwent neurocognitive testing after surgery and at approximately one, two and five years after diagnosis.’
- ‘Some survivors also experience neurocognitive late effects - changes in the brain's structure and development that don't appear until well after treatment, but subtly impair functioning.’
- ‘"We haven't adequately established the relationship between neurocognitive tests and typical school exams," he says.’
- ‘The results of the current study also strengthen claims that psychopathy is a neurocognitive disorder that is apparent across the lifespan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.