Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of biochemistry concerned with the processes occurring in nerve tissue and the nervous system.
- ‘There are a plethora of textbooks on neuroanatomy, neuroscience, neurochemistry, physiological psychology, neurology, and psychopharmacology.’
- ‘This finding indicates that early initiation of neuroprotective therapy could alter neurochemistry and improve outcomes in patients with acute stroke.’
- ‘Master's and doctoral programs are offered in neuroscience disciplines such as neurogenetics, neurochemistry, neuroimmunology, neuropharmacology, and experimental pathology.’
- ‘They also encouraged their talented daughter in the studies that would take her to St Hilda's in Oxford and along an extraordinarily circuitous and unorthodox route from Latin and Greek through physiology to neurochemistry.’
- ‘Neuroscience is a very broad field, with subdisciplines spanning anatomy, molecular biology, neurochemistry, electrophysiology, neuroimaging and behavior.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.