Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of biochemistry concerned with the processes occurring in nerve tissue and the nervous system.
- ‘They also encouraged their talented daughter in the studies that would take her to St Hilda's in Oxford and along an extraordinarily circuitous and unorthodox route from Latin and Greek through physiology to neurochemistry.’
- ‘There are a plethora of textbooks on neuroanatomy, neuroscience, neurochemistry, physiological psychology, neurology, and psychopharmacology.’
- ‘Master's and doctoral programs are offered in neuroscience disciplines such as neurogenetics, neurochemistry, neuroimmunology, neuropharmacology, and experimental pathology.’
- ‘Neuroscience is a very broad field, with subdisciplines spanning anatomy, molecular biology, neurochemistry, electrophysiology, neuroimaging and behavior.’
- ‘This finding indicates that early initiation of neuroprotective therapy could alter neurochemistry and improve outcomes in patients with acute stroke.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.