Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The biology of the nervous system.
- ‘The GAD vaccine originated at UCLA from an unexpected convergence of studies in neurobiology and immunology.’
- ‘The importance of neurobiology in the motor functions of the gut has led to the introduction of the term ‘neurogastroenterology’ to denote the subject.’
- ‘As a result, N. vectensis is widely used to study developmental biology, neurobiology and physiology.’
- ‘In 1967, embryology, invertebrate zoology, neurobiology, and physiology were the major summer courses of the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole.’
- ‘The evolution of all the organisms that live on Earth today from ancestors that lived in the past is at the core of genetics, biochemistry, neurobiology, physiology, ecology, and other biological disciplines.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.