One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both cell lines display a rather immature morphology, although in response to various molecules they can grow neuritic processes with terminal arborization.’
- ‘The pathological hallmarks - and suspected, although not established, causes - of Alzheimer's disease include extracellular neuritic plaques and intracellular neurofibrillary tangles.’
- ‘Finally, it appears that once A is deposited in the neuropil, it triggers a cascade of events that include microglial activation, neuritic abnormalities, and neurofibrillary tangles.’
- ‘When the plasma cholesterol level is high, an increase in sterol turnover in the brain may increase the rate of amyloid B production and apolipoprotein levels to promote the formation of neuritic plaques that are characteristic of AD.’
- ‘The neuritic plaque consists of an amyloid core surrounded by a ribbon containing neuronal processes and glial cells that co-exist with paired helical filaments associated with neurofibrillary tangles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.