One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of all or part of a nerve.
- ‘Besides uncertainty over whether lesions should be excised or ablated by a variety of techniques, the contribution of adjunctive presacral neurectomy or uterosacral nerve ablation-transection is unclear.’
- ‘She had a laparotomy for resection of bilateral ovarian endometriomas, resection and fulguration of peritoneal implants, and presacral neurectomy.’
- ‘Laparoscopic uterine nerve ablation and presacral neurectomy also have been used in refractory cases.’
- ‘Peripheral neurectomy, peripheral and ganglionic alcohol blocks, and cryotherapy have not proven as efficacious as other procedures and, therefore, will not be discussed.’
- ‘Of 42 patients with Ménière's disease about to undergo neurectomy of the vestibular nerve, 14 had hyperprolactinaemia and all six who were investigated further turned out to have a prolactinoma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.