One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noundated
- ‘Her neurasthenic, fragile Aunt Lena is already trite; her mean, scary cousin Bobby Lee is already trite; her columned, shuttered house in Natchez is already trite.’
- ‘Here is the prototypical neurasthenic fatigue - almost suicidal, but ultimately too passive and weak to even take that course of action.’
- ‘Problems were magnified into calamities; the neurasthenic was ‘the victim of an abnormal state that is neither health nor disease.’’
- ‘For example, it isn't hard to imagine that many a person with multiple sclerosis was once considered neurasthenic.’
- ‘For certain troublesome neurasthenic cases, particularly in women, this discussion suggests a practical therapeutic measure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.