Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Intense, typically intermittent pain along the course of a nerve, especially in the head or face.
sore head, migraineView synonyms
- ‘Because it affects pain receptors, capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical creams and ointments to treat the pain of arthritis, neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy.’
- ‘In patients older than 50 years, valacyclovir decreases the duration of acute pain and post-herpetic neuralgia compared with acyclovir.’
- ‘Neuronal inflammation and necrosis leads to severe pain or postherpetic neuralgia, which increases as the infection travels down the nerve.’
- ‘Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.’
- ‘The most common chronic complication of herpes zoster is postherpetic neuralgia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.