Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer system modelled on the human brain and nervous system.
system, complex, interconnected structure, interconnected system, complex arrangement, complex system, nexus, webView synonyms
- ‘Yet physicists hope to learn something about memory by studying simplified computer models called neural networks, which have some properties in common with real brains.’
- ‘McCulloch and Pitts first described a neural network as a computer model of a biological neuron that could generate binary output.’
- ‘A neural network is a computer architecture modeled on the human brain, consisting of nodes connected to each other by links of differing strengths.’
- ‘‘New developments in artificial intelligence and computer algorithms have taken neural nets to where they act more like human intelligence,’ he said.’
- ‘The computer model was a neural network trained to make aesthetic evaluations based on melodic fragments of Charlie Parker.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.