Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A relatively low-cost computer designed chiefly to provide Internet access and without the full capabilities of a standard computer.
- ‘As a new class of storage infrastructure device, the storage network appliance can bring capabilities to customers that are simply not available in any other storage architecture.’
- ‘Another way to protect a password vault is to take it off the desktop or PDA and put it on a special network appliance.’
- ‘As routers were once better adapted for the network of the past, the new network appliance is better adapted to the realities of the future.’
- ‘The market for low-end Network Attached Storage, which is actually a special example of the emerging network appliance category, is beginning to take shape.’
- ‘Consider reducing your Microsoft licenses, perhaps by replacing some servers with a network appliance or experimenting with the Linux operating system for kiosks or point-of-sale terminals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.