Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The mathematical analysis of complex working procedures in terms of a network of related activities.
- ‘Social network analysis is a closely related discipline looking at patterns of interpersonal communication.’
- ‘The field of network analysis, writ large, has been dominated by social network analysis, but organizational network analysis can be even more helpful for understanding the nature of netwar.’
- ‘His research focuses on hyperlink network analysis and role of international and social factors in relation to new technologies.’
- ‘The firm also beefed up its Sniffer Technologies network analysis and Magic Solutions helpdesk product lines.’
- ‘And for these and other theorists, the Internet is where complexity theory and social network analysis come together in wonderful ways.’
- 1.1 Calculation of the electric currents flowing in the various meshes of a network.
- ‘The convex representation of conservation pools allows for metabolically relevant interpretation of glycolysis and Rapoport-Leubering shunt in human red blood cell and may be more appropriate for signaling network analysis.’
- ‘We have used network analysis to study gene sequences of the Triticum and Aegilops 5S rDNA arrays, as well as the spacers of the 5S-DNA-A1 and 5S-DNA - 2 loci.’
- ‘It is also shown how gene dosage-effect relationships can be employed for network analysis.’
- ‘Our calculations indicate that elastic network analysis is a useful tool to analyze a large-scale conformational motion in large proteins.’
- ‘Herein, a reconstruction of the JAK-STAT signaling system in the human B-cell is described and a scalable framework for its network analysis is presented.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.