One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Old World tree related to the hackberries, with a straight silvery-grey trunk and rough, toothed nettle-like leaves.
- ‘While passing beneath the leafy nettle trees of the garden, don't forget to admire the Unicorn fountain sculptured by Etienne d' Antoine.’
- ‘Zelkova trees and nettle trees, which are a few hundred years old, are regarded as natural monuments.’
- ‘Watch out for nettle trees, especially in the vicinity of the Power Wall.’
- ‘The natural cycle of nettle trees succeeding the broadleaved temperate evergreens, followed by shade trees such as the bush cinnamon and tabu-tree, is wonderfully evident.’
- ‘The several-hundred-year-old zelkova trees and nettle trees standing in the middle of the village are designated as natural monuments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.