One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goalkeeper.‘the puck might go between the netminder's pads’
- ‘However, in the final minute of the contest, a moment of madness that could happen to any player happened to the unfortunate netminder.’
- ‘We were supposed to have the best goaltender at the tournament, and yet their netminder played considerably better than ours.’
- ‘A stand-up goalie with a lightning quick glove, Osgood is as skillful as any other netminder in the league.’
- ‘The Mighty Ducks evened their series in Calgary by getting in alone several times on Flames netminder Miikka Kiprusoff.’
- ‘The former Blues netminder loses out on a chance to win the Stanley Cup in the foreseeable future, however.’
- ‘When the Wheat Kings traded to bring in a veteran netminder, it left them with three goaltenders, including two rookies.’
- ‘However, the visitors' netminder, Neil O'Connor, produced a fine save.’
- ‘Gouthro's shutout was the first blanking of an opponent by a Waterloo netminder in over three years.’
- ‘He cut into the penalty area but his right-footed effort was brilliantly blocked by the Hibernians netminder Josh Byrnes.’
- ‘Ray Barry's free kick from the right found the head of the unchallenged Seamus Keating and his powerful header gave the Red Star netminder Tom Ryan no chance at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.