One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A politician or leader of an organization.
- ‘Scrambling for the chair will now be easy for netas.’
- ‘Pick the noisiest neta of a session and make him the Speaker for the next.’
- ‘They provide perfect opportunities for politicians to do ‘favours’ to local netas.’
- ‘Of course, the only welfare this society was interested in was the welfare of its corrupt babus and criminal netas.’
- ‘The women think that I am some kind of neta to whom they can address their complaints.’
Via Bengali from Sanskrit netā ‘leader’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.