A politician or leader of an organization.
- ‘Of course, the only welfare this society was interested in was the welfare of its corrupt babus and criminal netas.’
- ‘Pick the noisiest neta of a session and make him the Speaker for the next.’
- ‘The women think that I am some kind of neta to whom they can address their complaints.’
- ‘They provide perfect opportunities for politicians to do ‘favours’ to local netas.’
- ‘Scrambling for the chair will now be easy for netas.’
Via Bengali from Sanskrit netā leader.