One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A country that exports more than it imports.‘Malaysia is a net exporter of crude petroleum and natural gas’
- ‘New Zealand is becoming a net exporter of rugby talent.’
- ‘Russia, Canada, and Saudi Arabia can leave the list, as they are net exporters of oil and thus do not actually require a strategic reserve, at least in the short term.’
- ‘Some economists predict that within 20 years America may no longer be a net exporter.’
- ‘Eventually, he hoped Ireland would be able to meet excess demand in Europe and become a net exporter of electricity.’
- ‘We have a trade surplus in services, we are a net exporter of services.’
- ‘The country is the largest net exporter of beef in the Northern Hemisphere.’
- ‘They soon became net exporters of capital as profits were transferred to parent companies.’
- ‘Peru is a net exporter of raw materials and unfinished products and a net importer of manufactured products.’
- ‘The industry sends most of what it produces abroad - making it one in a select group of net exporters in Canada.’
- ‘As an net exporter of oil we benefit from the higher prices Americans pay for our exports.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.