One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The network of nerve cells and fibres which transmits nerve impulses between parts of the body.
- ‘According to yoga experts, the practice of baby yoga can also help improve infants' circulation, as well as their lymphatic, endocrine and nervous systems.’
- ‘Once the parasite enters the body and reaches the nervous system it then becomes life threatening.’
- ‘They provide us with an opportunity to study cooperation and the processes of controlling the same body with two nervous systems.’
- ‘Those were just brains and nervous systems to him, not human beings.’
- ‘Another possible cause of colic is a combination of the baby's temperament and an immature nervous system.’
- ‘This molecule is found in all tissues of the body and plays very important roles in the cardiovascular, immune and nervous systems.’
- ‘The answer has to be that we each monitor ourselves, being mindful of the effects of caffeine on our own bodies and nervous systems.’
- ‘They may also have some effect on the nervous system, releasing the body's natural healing ability.’
- ‘Composed of neurones and nerve fibres, the nervous system is part of the physical body.’
- ‘Research shows that acupuncture affects most of the body's systems, not just the nervous system.’
- ‘Thus the nervous system is responsible for rapid conduction of information throughout the body.’
- ‘Your body needs vitamin B12 in order to create red blood cells and keep the nervous system healthy.’
- ‘Milk thistle was the only herb that boosted both the immune and nervous systems, helping nerve cells produce more neurites and keeping cells alive longer.’
- ‘Japanese bio-scientists are trying to develop the biological neural networks that simulate nervous systems of living organisms.’
- ‘Nerve nets are linked to the nervous system in the body, which is, of course, linked to the brain.’
- ‘The enteric nervous system has a central role in the control of most gastrointestinal functions.’
- ‘And they might be at the root of a host of problems, particularly in the nervous system.’
- ‘Not only does calcium help keep bones and teeth strong and healthy, it also helps keep the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems running normally.’
- ‘Exposure to DDT during development in children may affect the reproductive and nervous systems.’
- ‘In general, all parts of the cardiovascular and nervous systems must work together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.