One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The major cord of nerve fibres running the length of an animal's body, especially a ventral cord in invertebrates that connects segmental nerve ganglia.
- ‘The neural arches developed around the dorsal nerve cord, above the notochord.’
- ‘Other cell bodies in the ventral nerve cord were also observed to occasionally express GFP.’
- ‘This is in contrast to organisms such as annelids and arthropods, in which the main nerve cord is ventral.’
- ‘The nerve ring and the nerve bundles that connect the nerve ring and the ventral nerve cord had dots of very faint staining.’
- ‘In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.