Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production of insensibility in a part of the body by injecting an anaesthetic close to the nerves that supply it.
- ‘The nurse instructs the patient to take pain medication before the peripheral nerve block wears off and before he or she can feel pain.’
- ‘An anesthesiologist usually is the physician performing the sympathetic nerve block and managing the patient's pain.’
- ‘In addition to medications, modalities to consider include transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation, biofeedback and nerve blocks.’
- ‘If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.’
- ‘The side effects and complications that may occur with sympathetic nerve blocks are noted in Table 7.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.