One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The production of insensibility in a part of the body by injecting an anaesthetic close to the nerves that supply it.
- ‘In addition to medications, modalities to consider include transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation, biofeedback and nerve blocks.’
- ‘The nurse instructs the patient to take pain medication before the peripheral nerve block wears off and before he or she can feel pain.’
- ‘The side effects and complications that may occur with sympathetic nerve blocks are noted in Table 7.’
- ‘An anesthesiologist usually is the physician performing the sympathetic nerve block and managing the patient's pain.’
- ‘If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.