One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An essential oil distilled from the flowers of the Seville orange, used in perfumery.
- ‘First, the scent; it's neroli, ylang-ylang and jasmine, with true jasmine coming through most strongly.’
- ‘In aromatherapy, many essential oils often used as anti-depressants, such as jasmine, rose, neroli, rosemary and lavender, are extracted from plants that flower most prolifically in spring and summer.’
- ‘If you don't like a scent that's too full, you can use a lighter one like mimosa or night-scented stock petitgrain (it's the leaves of the orange tree, it has a green character with nuances of neroli and orange)’
- ‘Lavish it on your face and in 8 to 10 minutes the rich concentrations of honey, Echinacea, mimosa and neroli will get to work on nourishing and firming your skin.’
- ‘Exotic neroli, myrrh and vetiver blend with lavender's sophistication to create a subtle yet intoxicating scent, perfect for him or her.’
- ‘The scent is composed around the essence of sandalwood with a hint of ginger, with top notes of Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian mandarin and Tunisian neroli.’
- ‘Try lavender if you have oily skin, chamomile if your skin is dry, geranium for normal skin and neroli for an acne-prone complexion.’
- ‘Green mandarin, when combined with ginger and neroli (made from orange blossom), is great for relieving depression and anxiety, Linda says, and can also be used to help with digestive problems.’
- ‘Examples of commonly available hydrosols are rose, roman chamomile, neroli and lavender.’
- ‘It's great for travel when combined with an aromatherapy mister of lavender, chamomile, neroli and rose to spray on sheets: It's also an ideal way to make a stuffy hotel room cozier.’
- ‘This fabulous range of organic products includes essential oils such as neroli, rose and camomile, which help babies with sleep and tender skin problems.’
- ‘For a sensuous bath, try sandalwood, rose, ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli or jasmine.’
- ‘The notes include neroli, jasmine, vanilla and musk, which all evoke sensuality.’
- ‘Enhanced with the floral scents of neroli, peony and freesia, it freshens up any morning routine.’
- ‘Finish by dabbing on an elixir of ‘dry’ oils, including sandalwood and neroli - a precious bitter orange essential oil that, like sandalwood, boasts skin-balancing and mood-lifting properties.’
- ‘For a more exotic perfume, try the essential oil ylang-ylang and neroli.’
Late 17th century: via French from Italian neroli, said to be from the name of an Italian princess.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.