One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveGeology
- ‘These developments led to the eventual rise of the Neptunist school, which advocated precipitation from a primeval ocean to produce the ancient crystalline rocks.’
- ‘In its most extreme form, the Neptunists said that all rocks - even granites - are produced from the sea.’
- ‘Through careful scientific observation, Hutton realised that the Neptunist view could not be true.’
- ‘If you had been a Neptunist, would this evidence have persuaded you to renounce Neptunism?’
- ‘The Neptunists and the Vulcanists held clashing theories of geological origins through flood or fire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.