Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Damaging or destructive to the kidneys.
- ‘Several other drugs used in CF care have nephrotoxic and ototoxic potential.’
- ‘Patients treated with nephrotoxic medications are at greater risk of developing renal failure.’
- ‘Critical measures include maintaining adequate intravascular volume and mean arterial pressure, discontinuing all nephrotoxic drugs, and eliminating exposure to any other nephrotoxins.’
- ‘Synergistic toxicity is generally thought to occur when concomitant nephrotoxic drugs are used.’
- ‘The common potentially reversible causes are sepsis, excessive diuresis or paracentesis, and nephrotoxic drugs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.