One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kidney disease, especially when characterized by oedema and the loss of protein from the plasma into the urine due to increased glomerular permeability (also called nephrotic syndrome).
- ‘A 49-year-old Japanese man had a history of nephrosis, heavy alcohol consumption, diabetes mellitus, and liver cirrhosis and had been undergoing dialysis for 10 years.’
- ‘Nephrosis, a change in nephrons that is not inflammatory; nephrotic syndrome occurs when large amounts of protein are lost from the body through the urine, usually as a result of nephrosis.’
- ‘Exposure to mercury can have serious toxicological effects; absorption of mercury results in neuropsychiatric disorders and, in extreme cases, nephrosis.’
- ‘It's especially helpful in the diagnosis of nephritis and nephrosis.’
- ‘Thus, the kidneys, after many injections of the protein, showed the characteristic macroscopic picture of the third stage of the amyloid nephrosis.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.