One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys.
- ‘Coming from a man who has seen several kidneys in his lengthy tryst with the field of nephrology, the above statement is to be taken seriously.’
- ‘General intensive care units, haematology, special care baby units, nephrology, and oncology had the highest incidence in both types of hospitals.’
- ‘From January 1995 to December 1996, we investigated 114 men who presented consecutively to the departments of urology and nephrology with proved urinary tract infection.’
- ‘Undoubtedly one of nephrology's most celebrated patients, King was admitted to Guy's Hospital under Dr Bright on October 12, 1825.’
- ‘Chief Nephrologist of K.G. Hospital, he was conferred the Vocational Excellence Award by the Rotary Club of Coimbatore North, in recognition of his contributions in the field of nephrology.’
- ‘An annual gathering, the congress was a mix of plenary lectures, symposiums and lectures on general medical topics related to nephrology.’
- ‘Entire categories such as cardiology, pulmonology, nephrology, gastroenterology and nutrition, and allergy and immunology are omitted.’
- ‘Dr Kelvin Ho, a specialist in nephrology, says that one-quarter of his patients have been taking Myfortic since its introduction and the results are positive so far.’
- ‘Dr. Marinides is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology.’
- ‘The board have earmarked neurology for Sligo and nephrology for Letterkenny.’
- ‘The rapidly expanding group of older nephrology patients is a positive reflection of recent developments in medical care and offers an opportunity to establish links between nephrology and geriatric medicine.’
- ‘Adding another element to the equation, my two cousins on my mom's side both live in Seattle, Washington, a place with good pediatric nephrology and a reasonable place for my mom to move to.’
- ‘Dr. Oakley is a clinical pharmacologist and currently works as a specialist in internal medicine and a consultant in nephrology.’
- ‘So it can be very difficult if you're in a branch of medicine - oncology, nephrology - where many patients die.’
- ‘He was widely published and notable for his extensive collaboration across different specialties as diverse as nephrology, neurology, and cardiothoracic surgery.’
- ‘Dr. Silverberg completed residencies in internal medicine and nephrology at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.’
- ‘Prevention of end stage renal failure is the main goal of nephrology owing to the high morbidity and mortality from dialysis and transplantation.’
- ‘After his return to the United States, Papper did a fellowship with Homer Smith, a founder of modern nephrology, and then, because of his interest in anaesthesiology, worked with Emery A Rovenstine at Bellevue Hospital in New York.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.