One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The external opening of a nephridium.
- ‘These excretory organs open through nephridiopores on the ventral surface of the body wall.’
- ‘Eggs and sperm reach the outside of their body through the nephridiopores.’
- ‘In both there is a single pair of metanephridia and they are anterior with an anterior nephridiopore.’
- ‘Expulsion of resorufin was readily observed from the nephridiopore during observation of the labelled parasites.’
- ‘Then the waste exits out of the nephridiopore as dilute urine, balancing osmotic intake of fresh water surrounding the annelid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.