One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of a genus that includes catmint and several kinds cultivated for their spikes of blue or violet flowers.
Genus Nepeta, family Labiatae
- ‘So I had to assume that they would not be particularly happy beside the silvery cats-paw and nepeta.’
- ‘This works extremely well with my geraniums, coreopsis, nepeta, and Campanula carpatica.’
- ‘And so we exist peacefully in the garden, they chasing voles and nibbling the nepeta, I digging holes and nibbling the nasturtiums.’
- ‘Others are tiny and quite dainty - like the many nepetas and campanulas, or Veronica peduncularis ‘Georgia Blue’.’
- ‘Hosta sieboldiana ‘Elegans’, the grey-blue tinge of an agave and the blue flowers of nepeta all work in harmony with the piece.’
Modern Latin, from Latin nepeta ‘calamint’ (formerly in this genus).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.