One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Among the most important writers for the shape of Emerson's philosophy are Plato and the Neoplatonist line extending through Plotinus, Proclus, Iamblichus, and the Cambridge Platonists.’
- ‘Porphyry was a Neoplatonist philosopher and writer against popular superstitions.’
- ‘All these writings, which would be enormously influential in the Middle Ages, drew extensively on the thinking of Greek Neoplatonists such as Porphyry and Iamblichus.’
- ‘Philiponus is a Christian Neoplatonist who studied with the last teachers of the pagan Athenian school.’
- ‘He turned his philosophical studies towards Plato, the Platonists and the Neoplatonists becoming a member of the Cambridge Platonists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.