Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a neoplasm or neoplasia.
- ‘The differential diagnosis of cystic pancreatic lesions includes both nonneoplastic and neoplastic lesions.’
- ‘Focal capsular infiltration and vascular neoplastic emboli were observed in the surrounding nonneoplastic thyroid, suggesting malignancy.’
- ‘It can occur with all neoplastic and inflammatory lesions.’
- ‘The sound sometimes occurs in splenic infarction, in neoplastic disease that involves the surface of the liver, and in abscess formation in either organ.’
- ‘We believe that within the next decade, clinicians will no longer consider the routine histopathologic diagnosis of specific neoplastic lesions alone to be adequate.’
Relating to neoplasticism.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.