One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modern religious movement which seeks to incorporate beliefs or ritual practices from traditions outside the main world religions, especially those of pre-Christian Europe and North America.
- ‘As one moves further from the Wiccan mainstream, neopaganism's eclectic quality - its status as a religion of appropriation - becomes yet more obvious.’
- ‘But now that neopaganism has joined the ranks of approved campus religious groups, this is beginning to be a minority view, expressed tentatively for fear of giving offense.’
- ‘Attempting to deny that Nazi anti-Semitism had a Christian component, Christian apologists exaggerate the influence of Aryan neopaganism.’
- ‘Associate Editor Jesse Walker's ‘Inside the Spiritual Jacuzzi’ is a tour of new customized religions that range from attempts to fuse Judaism with Buddhism to neopaganism to something called the Hot Tub Mystery Religion.’
- ‘This evolutionary neopaganism, which owes much to eastern ideas of Nirvana and the like, is on clear display in this film.’
- ‘But while few people noticed, he invented one of the 20th century's more influential religions, helped launch '60s-style sex-and-nature neopaganism, and was a major force behind the first modern libertarian zine.’
- ‘It is not difficult for me to understand the appeal of neopaganism.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.