One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A part of the cerebral cortex concerned with sight and hearing in mammals, regarded as the most recently evolved part of the cortex.
- ‘All this remembering goes on in a particular part of the brain called the neocortex.’
- ‘Previous opinion held that the malleable behavior of mammals required the higher-order neocortex found in mammals.’
- ‘The neocortex is unique to mammals, and accounts for around 85 per cent of the mass of the human brain.’
- ‘Is there something special about hypermineralized tissues that stuns the speech centers of the neocortex, rendering normal communication impossible?’
- ‘A direct analogy exists between the construction of ARN in the functionally plastic mushroom bodies and protocerebral lobes of bees and the construction of ARN in the neocortex of mammals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.