Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A part of the cerebral cortex concerned with sight and hearing in mammals, regarded as the most recently evolved part of the cortex.
- ‘A direct analogy exists between the construction of ARN in the functionally plastic mushroom bodies and protocerebral lobes of bees and the construction of ARN in the neocortex of mammals.’
- ‘The neocortex is unique to mammals, and accounts for around 85 per cent of the mass of the human brain.’
- ‘Is there something special about hypermineralized tissues that stuns the speech centers of the neocortex, rendering normal communication impossible?’
- ‘All this remembering goes on in a particular part of the brain called the neocortex.’
- ‘Previous opinion held that the malleable behavior of mammals required the higher-order neocortex found in mammals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.