One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Hawaiian goose
- ‘The researchers' finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.’
- ‘Ground-nesting birds such as the endangered nene or Hawaiian goose and Hawaiian dark-rumped petrel (Pterodroma phaeopygia sandwichensis) are particularly vulnerable.’
- ‘Despite its similarities to the Canada goose, the nene is a true Hawaiian down to its toes.’
- ‘In the foreground is the nene, or Hawaiian goose.’
Early 20th century: from Hawaiian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.