One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant related to the snapdragon, which is cultivated for its colourful funnel-shaped flowers.
- ‘The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.’
- ‘Small-flowered plants such as asters, coral bells, nemesia, and yarrow are great fillers.’
- ‘Low, mounding chamomile and creeping thymes grow between the nemesias.’
- ‘Petunias, snapdragons and nemesia are good annuals to add in the fall.’
- ‘In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.’
Modern Latin, from Greek nemesion, denoting various similar plants.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.