One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant related to the snapdragon, which is cultivated for its colourful funnel-shaped flowers.
Genus Nemesia, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular N. strumosa and its hybrids
- ‘Low, mounding chamomile and creeping thymes grow between the nemesias.’
- ‘Petunias, snapdragons and nemesia are good annuals to add in the fall.’
- ‘In zones 15-17, you can also plant calceolaria, cineraria, nemesia, and schizanthus.’
- ‘Small-flowered plants such as asters, coral bells, nemesia, and yarrow are great fillers.’
- ‘The lower bed holds mostly annuals including yellow and orange nemesias, and pink godetias.’
Modern Latin, from Greek nemesion, denoting various similar plants.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.