Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A worm of the large phylum "Nematoda" , such as a roundworm or threadworm.
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘He discovered microscopic animals such as nematodes and rotifers.’
- ‘By far most species of animals are insects, with groups such as mollusks and nematodes also being especially diverse.’
- ‘When ready to hitch a ride with an insect, however, a nematode rises up on the tip of its tail with its mouth in the air.’
- ‘Here we investigate the effects of a sexually transmitted nematode on male spermatophylax production.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.