One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A worm of the large phylum Nematoda, such as a roundworm or threadworm.
- ‘When ready to hitch a ride with an insect, however, a nematode rises up on the tip of its tail with its mouth in the air.’
- ‘Here we investigate the effects of a sexually transmitted nematode on male spermatophylax production.’
- ‘He discovered microscopic animals such as nematodes and rotifers.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘By far most species of animals are insects, with groups such as mollusks and nematodes also being especially diverse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.