One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A worm of the large phylum "Nematoda" , such as a roundworm or threadworm.
- ‘When ready to hitch a ride with an insect, however, a nematode rises up on the tip of its tail with its mouth in the air.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘By far most species of animals are insects, with groups such as mollusks and nematodes also being especially diverse.’
- ‘Here we investigate the effects of a sexually transmitted nematode on male spermatophylax production.’
- ‘He discovered microscopic animals such as nematodes and rotifers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.