One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used to kill nematode worms.
- ‘The objective of Phase One was to evaluate a group of insecticides, nematicides and biological products for safe use on a Poa annua putting green.’
- ‘The use of chemical nematicides is environmentally undesirable and alternatives to nematicides are being sought.’
- ‘The granular nematicide, spread under banana trees to kill worms, for example, runs into rivers the minute it rains.’
- ‘As a chemical control, other pots were sprayed with the nematicide ethoprop.’
- ‘Second, it is difficult, but not impossible, to grow great roses without the use of chemical pesticides, such as insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides and acaracides (spiders).’
- ‘Only one nematicide (aldicarb, Temik 15G) appears to be economical for control of SCN under Ohio conditions, but it will likely be removed from the market.’
- ‘Injection or incorporation into the soil, as in the case of nematicides, makes the pesticide most readily available for leaching.’
- ‘While recommending crop rotation, they cautioned the farmers against indiscriminate spraying and injecting of pesticides, fungicides, nematicides and weedicides, which resulted in residual toxicity in the end product.’
- ‘The major categories of pesticides classified by target are fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, acaricides, molluscicides, nematicides, rodenticides, avicides, and antibiotics.’
- ‘Sequencing of the Ustilago genome marks the first major expansion of Exelixis' agricultural biotechnology program beyond chemical insecticides and nematicides.’
- ‘Pesticides are made up of agrochemicals and are usually classified according to their principal use as, for example, fungicides, bactericides, insecticides, nematicides, miticides, etc.’
- ‘We want to reduce our budget by reducing use of chemicals, nematicides and fertilizers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.