One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The present invention relates to a new nematocidal agent particularly useful against plant parasitic nematodes and also to a process to prevent damage resulting from nematode infection.’
- ‘The embonate salt of pyrantel is poorly soluble in water, which offers the advantage of reduced absorption from the gut, allowing the drug to express its high nematocidal efficacy directly within the digestive tract.’
- ‘The nematocidal drug ivermectin is believed to kill worms by opening a glutamate-gated chloride channel on pharyngeal muscle, causing complete pumping inhibition.’
- ‘Another report says that the plant contains asparagusic acid which is nematocidal and is used in the treatment of schistosomiasis.’
- ‘A constituent that has no nematocidal activity may produce bursting when combined with a nematocidal agent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.