One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cocktail made from gin, vermouth, and Campari.
- ‘There are two main rooms, the front one for dining on modern cuisine; the back for cocktails from Martinis to negronis, best sipped while listening to hip, up-tempo sounds.’
- ‘Spread over two floors with a stairwell between, gorgeous girls in Prada, Dolce and Versace lie back on couches sipping negronis, watching dashing men in Armani smoke imported cigars over iced bourbon.’
- ‘Lee Hanson, a bartender at Teatro, finds the crantini is still very popular, as is the negroni - a blend of gin, sweet vermouth and Campari.’
- ‘Avoid the forty-dollar margaritas and go for martinis and negronis in a bar done up in Rothko-esque paints and Fink! jugs.’
- ‘Aquarius is likely to order stuff most people have never heard of: a caipirinha, Satan's whiskers, a negroni, an Arthur Tompkins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.