One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who conducts negotiations.‘US trade negotiators’‘a hostage negotiator’
mediator, arbitrator, arbiter, moderator, go-between, middleman, intermediary, intercessor, interceder, intervener, conciliatorView synonyms
- ‘The negotiators would come up, attempt to talk this person into letting them go.’
- ‘On returning from service in 1946, he began work as an estate agent initially as a debt collector and then a negotiator.’
- ‘Canadian negotiators have placed themselves firmly in the activist camp.’
- ‘The negotiators are there trying to talk him down from right alongside of him.’
- ‘Russia's fears are understandable but they might take some comfort that they are shared by the US negotiators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.