One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The researchers say that a shell of plasmonic material will scatter light negligibly if the light's frequency is close to the resonant frequency of the plasmons.’
- ‘The scheme is quite straightforward in the case of the failure of individual, small banks - that is, banks that are a negligibly small component of the banking system overall.’
- ‘Almost two years after its founding, the Afghan national government is only negligibly present in most of the nation, if at all.’
- ‘As long as sex involves random mating, this advantage is negligibly small unless deleterious mutations are very recessive.’
- ‘Contrary to Mr Ryan's statement, taxi usage has increased only negligibly, and patient care hasn't been compromised.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.