One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As long as sex involves random mating, this advantage is negligibly small unless deleterious mutations are very recessive.’
- ‘Almost two years after its founding, the Afghan national government is only negligibly present in most of the nation, if at all.’
- ‘The researchers say that a shell of plasmonic material will scatter light negligibly if the light's frequency is close to the resonant frequency of the plasmons.’
- ‘Contrary to Mr Ryan's statement, taxi usage has increased only negligibly, and patient care hasn't been compromised.’
- ‘The scheme is quite straightforward in the case of the failure of individual, small banks - that is, banks that are a negligibly small component of the banking system overall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.